QSO UK
A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM

4 posters

Go down

A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Empty A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM

Post by simon007 Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:46 am

Lost there minds in current radio climate

President Johnny III ASC "Allegro"

CONTROLS & FUNCTIONS
- 40 AM channels
all european standards
- Volume with power ON/OFF
Manual and automatic (ASC)
- Multi-functions LCD display
- RF Gain
- Channel selector
- Key Beep function
- Vox function (hands free)
- Hi-Cut filter
- ANL filter built-in
- Roger Beep
- Channel Scan
- Priority memory channel
- Lock function
- Front microphone plug
- Microphone
- Jack for external speaker
- Jack for external Vox mike

DIMENSIONS
- Width 125 mm
- Height 45 mm
- Depth 150 mm

In a pan EU FM Multi Norm Market they "smartly" release an AM radio. affraid Not any comments here, yes it has the same mod as the others, guess Hans can also mod it the same as the others, and more importantly will be EXPENSIVE as all the others. Take a gander here to see it.
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Empty Re: A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM

Post by simon007 Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:53 am

A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Prjo310
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Empty Re: A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM

Post by simon007 Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 am

Configuration of the unit is as follows:

d: German with 1w Power
PL:Poland with 4w Power
EU: EU with 4w Power

Type Approved on 15.June 2009

Same Channel Display that has been muled over from the JFK II but with no frequency counter
Roger Bleep

Any other questions, just ask Very Happy
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainDead Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 am

Simon, Just one question from me am only "WHY"?

BrainDead

Registration date : 2009-08-12
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:42 pm

BrainDead wrote:Simon, Just one question from me AM only "WHY"?

Sorry for the long answer. President originally was making AM radios and this was there market, the ASC was designed by Albert Bertrana as a system for AM radios. Then, as the market place grew and it was FM that dominated they changed and went into FM radios more and just kept the Johnny, Johnny II, Johnny II ASC (looks same as Harry II)

Presidents all sound excellent on AM, thats where they are at home, FM is the Embarassed add on for them. There are markets where AM sells like hot cakes and these are Spain and Poland. If you see the banding, AM is legal here also with 1w, so simply just change it to setting EU and it makes you 4w and not 1w.

So, heritage, make some money with some areas that will buy this like hot cakes, old school and back to the days when they made AM.

It will work well, thats sure. It will have excellent audio, that is sure and now they have soak tested the new display, almost same as with JFK II there will be more releases like this one. I would not be suprised to see an FM version of this also in time, maybe with a name like the Taylor III ASC Allegro or similar. Sad this is AM only, but thats the way it was "back in the day"

WIRING OF MIC CABLE:
Pin 1 = Modulation
Pin 2 = RX
Pin 3 = TX
Pin 4 = -
Pin 5 = Ground
Pin 6 = Power Supply

And the cost, seems to be in the area of 150 - 170 aeros (a.k.a euros)
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrainDead Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Simon and yes I remember the Old AM days over here in the UK (late 70's early 80's as I'm 50yrs young)

Maybe It's just me then but if use AM Mode I'll stick with using my Pres-Grant or SS360fm (yep I'm Old School) or Ranger 2790DX for those days when I leave my cave.

Plus I save on the Beer Tokens.

Good info though thanks. 73's.

BrainDead

Registration date : 2009-08-12
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:01 am

Your more than welcome, and same as me. Was on the air from 1978 with a President radio, and was the bee's knee's back then. Sit listening to the superbowl and was a fine time.

I have a Superstar 360 here, from the 1970's with NO FM, and has the buttons almost in different places. Old school here also with some stuff but saying that a lot of the modern also as its needed for other bands and the like.

ps) Tried to order one of these but seems that there are not any around at the moment so will wait and see what happens

73s Simon
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:05 am

It is here, collected it today. 1 piece in Germany and its mine on the table. Serial below 25
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaywalker Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:37 am

Joy of joys - they've put a button on to turn the beeps off!

At least they listen to the user feedback.

Cheers
Gary

Jaywalker

Call Sign : 26-FB-104
Other Call Signs : 26-CT-104
HF Rig : Stalker 9 FDX, Superstar 3900, 80Ch Harvard H-407, 80ch Harrier CBHQ, 80ch York 869, President Harry II and Moonraker FA5000
HF Antenna : Imax 2000, 7 Foot Firestick, Modulator, Tank Whip
Preferred Bands : DX - 11m, CB - UK40, EU40
Registration date : 2009-05-07
Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Jaywalker wrote:Joy of joys - they've put a button on to turn the beeps off!

At least they listen to the user feedback.

Cheers
Gary

Oh man, not sure if they listened to feeback. But listen to the Walker, it wakes the dead and so software was re-programmed and now becomes mute. Success indeed
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by g0sop Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:31 pm

@ Simon - any news on a Lincoln replacement from President ?

g0sop

Call Sign : G0SOP
HF Rig : Colt 295a
HF Antenna : DV27 on biscuit tin in bedroom
Registration date : 2009-03-22
Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 am

19ax145 wrote:@ Simon - any news on a Lincoln replacement from President ?

Oh man what a question. There are drawings done for the new one, and there was ideas of what was to be included in the final version of the radio. 2009-2012 was the timeline for the new radio

But, ask yourself:

a) what shell will they use to house it? Maybe a re-worked old Lincoln case with a new LED. The JFK II was supposed to be a soak test display for the new Lincoln

b) uniden are slow, as cb is nothing for them when they make millions of telephones and the like.

c) check unidens sites, they have used old style UHF cases from Aussie radios in the past.

d) Grant II was promised in 2008 and still not around, supposed to be in the case of the Johnson II

So far, 3 new radios. Well 1 new radio with 3 different insides, so maybe we see another radio before the end of 2009. September was always President time. Remember these guidelines

Spring
Autumn

It's when the owner is inside the EU and can say Yes or No to the new radios, other time there can be nothing A New President is Available Ladies and its just AM Affraid Oh man they love me there.............
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:15 am

simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:54 am

And YES, have the radio modded now via the switch so can be multi-EU and rU without loosing one or the other

Hans, YES he can!!!!
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down