QSO UK
Happy new rigs :O) Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
Happy new rigs :O) Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy new rigs :O)

3 posters

Go down

Happy new rigs :O) Empty Happy new rigs :O)

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Happy new rigs :O) Ft990-1
MAIN SHACK HOME
FT990 - ADDONIS 308 DESK MIC - MYDEL PSU - MFJ VERSA 3 ATU ( FOR OTHER BANDS ) - 5/8 WAVE SILVER ROD

2 ELEMENT HOME BREW CUBICAL QUAD ( Static not turnable but better than a poke in the eye with a stick)

2ND SHACK ( Parents house )
SUPERSTAR SS-158EDX - KLV350 - LINEAR - ZETAGI HP-203
SWR / WATT METER - MYDEL PSU.

158 EDX is to be ordered in next couple of days, with some gear going in part exxchange so only £40 to pay Happy new rigs :O) Icon_mrgreen

GONE AND SOLD.
YASEU 857D - 857D KEYPAD - WATSON 25 AMP PSU - WATSON POWER MITE - 20 AMP PSU - SIRIO DIPOLE - ORIGINAL DX 27 WITH GUTTER MOUNT -7FT FIRE STICK AND MAG MOUNT - MASS SWR METER 100 WATT - KPO 100 WATT LINEAR AMPLIFIER.- LDG Analogue SWR Meter - AOR 7030 FULL HF RECEIVER - EDDYSTONE EC10 VINTAGE RECEIVER - SANGEAN PORTABLE RECEIVER.

Been a busy Arthur Daily selling gear lmao Very Happy

After long deliberation I decided against importing the Cobra 148 GTL from the USA. as knowing my luck customs would impound it and cremate it just for fun !

If they nab you , or start asking questions, then there is your money lost. Plus there is another radio with more features easily avilable so seemsa daft to import !

My prefference is for the Superstar SS 158 DX , over the Ranger Vr 900 Happy new rigs :O) Icon_mrgreen
With part ex, the Superstar is only going to cost me an extra £40.

I dont want to start mucking about qith 27MHZ linears on the FT990 just too much to go wrong. If I neew a few more watts to break a pile up or in bad DX conditions then the other ig connected to the KLV350 will work a treat I am sure,

I am very busy work wise and other things until end of January to even consider putting up aerials and connecting station together , FT990 still has to have TX entended to and will be done by end of week.

I have decided to send it to Castle Electronics to make sure everything is fine and dandy with the rig and for them to extend the TX.

They may be expensive but you know all jobes will be done well and not botched up.

Both shacks will have a 5/8 wave silver rod vertical so will be interesting to guage reports.

The FT990 will soon be being used as part of my M3 set up with any luck as well afro

Comparative radio reports will be welcome from local Tango Mikes and the others here I will be able to work with a bit of Speradic E.

Happy New year all.

Back to top Go down

Happy new rigs :O) Empty Re: Happy new rigs :O)

Post by 2W0PWR Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:29 pm

FT990. Nice radio Eddie. Is it just HF?
Hope you had a good one Mate.
All the best for the New Year
Dave
2W0PWR
2W0PWR
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : 2W0PWR
Other Call Signs : MW3VSG, M3VSG
Locator : IO83KD
DXCC Entity : Wales
VHF / UHF Rig : Yaesu FT-7900 Motorola DM4600 DMR
HandHeld : Wouxun / Motorola DP-3400
Preferred Bands : 80 / 20 / VHF / UHF / D-Star / DMR
Special Event Calls : GB2RFS
Registration date : 2007-10-03
Number of posts : 1225

http://www.qrz.com/db/2W0PWR http://www.alarmboyz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:40 pm

26SD122_spirittalk wrote:

I decided against importing the Cobra 148 GTL from the USA. as knowing my luck customs would impound it and cremate it just for fun !

There was a new one up for sale on one of the sites recently. But I'm not sure which site it was.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:44 pm

It was on Junksale & sorry it was not a new one.
It was claimed to be in good condition & there was a President Grant available also.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:01 am

Lol its tyhe New Year fog daxi lmao lol!

i am trading in a couple of other bits against the 158EDX so will cost me £40.

The Eddystone EC10 went to a collector of vintage radios so nice to see it will be looked after.

Back to top Go down

Happy new rigs :O) Empty Just ordered Superstar SS - 158 EDX.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:15 am

Just ordered Superstar SS - 158 EDX.

Just had another idea of keeping 2 set ups at home so I can have the Linear on a second rig.I may even consider buying another rig for the folks hiouse and keep the 158EDX next to the 990 for a 2nd rig. There is no way I am risking blowing anything putting KLV350 on the 990 too much to screw uo using a cheap plug in wall linear on the 990.

So I am setting up the 158 EDX next to the 990.With all the gear sold, I stilll have a couple of hundred quid to spend on radio gear . Once I get my M3 exam my Dad will let me use the FT2000D he has there. So sod it , will have best of both worlds at home.100 watts HF rig and up to 400 watts available on the 158 EDX.
Having sold all the gear I have a couple of hundred squid left for another rig for the folks house.

Due to my health situation, I dont drink and cant smoke due to doctors orders, so wtf , might as well splash out on some radio gear.

Will post some shack pics of home shack when it is all set up.

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Got here also a 158 EDX and it works well, was from the CW+Fusion Guys and is nice indeed.

Hope that it will work as you want it and see those new DXCC flying into the cluster.

Good for you Eddie

Simon
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:11 pm

I would rather just leave the FT990 as is 100 watts as you never know if a fault could develop with the linear driving 400 watts back into the 990 finals , wouldnt be such a good idea to risk any chance of the 990 developing any faults due to the linear.

Plus I can save the 990 from being hammered all the time on 100 watts by using the 158EDX.

Mid band FM use will also be via the 158EDX

If no skip is around will use 158 for local qso's ect

As the prop. pics up then there will be less need for more power.

And the price range of a good quality linear for use with the 990 will be high.

So the two set ups will give me bst of both worlds.

Get the M3 and the 990 will come into its own on other bands too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down