QSO UK
LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK

3 posters

Go down

LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK Empty LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:51 am

If I have an illegal cb radio shipped to afullticket UK amateur radio friend, will this by-pass any of the legalities of it being seized via customs.

What is the true legality of having a rig imported from the USto the UK.

Anybody know please ?

Back to top Go down

LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK Empty Re: LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK

Post by GARY 26-tm-035 Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:00 am

i had no problem importing a rig from the us just got slaped on tax Sad

GARY 26-tm-035

Registration date : 2007-10-29
Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK Empty Re: LegaL aspects of importing a CB rig from the US to UK

Post by Guest Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Cheers dude, I heard if you ask them to put GIFT on the form then helps you out tax wise, anybody heard that one.

Want rid of the Ranger.

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:29 pm

26SD122_spirittalk wrote:Cheers dude, I heard if you ask them to put GIFT on the form then helps you out tax wise, anybody heard that one.

That normally works. It just makes life difficult if lost in the post.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by 2W0PWR Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:04 am

If they mark it as a "gift" Eddie then if it goes lost in the post. The post office start asking questions and will possibly not be willing to pay for £200.00 worth of radio gear. You also might find if hard finding a shop to send it as a gift.

I was lucky importing my radio as I didn't have to pay tax. The post office handed me the parcel from the sorting office and didn't see the the big red sticker "Import Charges"...

Good luck if you have a go. Just remember if something goes wrong with it once you have it you will find it very hard to send back. Many shops from the US don't have an Export Warranty and if they do you will find it very costly to send back...
2W0PWR
2W0PWR
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : 2W0PWR
Other Call Signs : MW3VSG, M3VSG
Locator : IO83KD
DXCC Entity : Wales
VHF / UHF Rig : Yaesu FT-7900 Motorola DM4600 DMR
HandHeld : Wouxun / Motorola DP-3400
Preferred Bands : 80 / 20 / VHF / UHF / D-Star / DMR
Special Event Calls : GB2RFS
Registration date : 2007-10-03
Number of posts : 1225

http://www.qrz.com/db/2W0PWR http://www.alarmboyz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Cheers I have decided against the gift idea for said reasons but think will have a go at getting a radio shipped later in the week asthe Cobra 148 GTL is a pure bit of nostalga for me and is being opened up for 26 - 28 MHZ.

Yes its a risk but worth taking Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down