QSO UK
Greetings All Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
Greetings All Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings All

Go down

Greetings All Empty Greetings All

Hello All,

My name is John and I have been a radio enthusiast for some time. After a while away from the hobby I have recently returned to VHF and UHF.
I have several radios but am most active as a 3m WFM listener with a Sony XDR-S10HDiP and 4 element yagis beamed SE from Norfolk for Ned/Bel/Fra/Ger.

Have recently become active on 23cm for the first time and returned to 70cm after a long absence.

I am also looking for random chat or dx on 67cm (PMR446), so would be interested if there is anyone else in the Norwich area active on that band.

Best wishes, John.
a2c39a

Call Sign : G8AKF
Other Call Signs : TD 035
Locator : JO02OM
VHF / UHF Rig : FT817 + SG Lab 144/1296 transverter
VHF / UHF Antenna : 7 ele Carant (70/67cm), 18 ele YU1CF (1296).
HandHeld : VX7R + various + PMR446
Preferred Bands : 3m, 70cm, 67cm, 23cm.
Registration date : 2014-01-08
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Greetings All :: Comments

daxi

Post Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm by daxi

Good morning John..I also live in Norwich, I live just south of the Airport.. I am 446 capable, but other than listening do not normally use it..The same with 2 meters FM.
Like you I am most active on RX, but band 2 broadcast, although I do have a listen around to see what is there from time to time..
Transmit wise I am mainly active on HF SSB, although 10 meters FM & 6 meters SSB are also favourites..

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:27 pm by a2c39a

Hello daxi,

Thank you for the reply.

I live south of Norwich, not far from the Tacolneston transmitter site. For years I thought that 3m WFM DX from my home location was not possible due the the high signal levels causing intermodulation in just about everything! This year I bought a second hand XDR-S10HDiP. It is a table top radio (intended for the USA Hybrid Digital system) with the same tuner as the XDR-F1. I knew it should have excellent selectivity, which it has, but was amazed to find it can also handle the huge Tac signal levels better than any other receiver I have owned. I have daily european reception, even in flat conditions, using two 4 ele yagis (one almost vertical, the other horizontal) in the loft. Not necessarily strong but always something there.
This is probably normal for other people living in Norfolk but being so close to Tac, it surprised me.

I work in the Bowthorpe industrial estate so was looking for a 67cm contact from there at lunch time or before work in the morning.
I have a small caravan mast and have tried portable 70cm SSB using a 7 ele Carant wide band yagi, at lunch time.
In the spring I will try 70cm portable again and also 23cm using my SG Lab transverter and an 18 ele YU1CF yagi.

This site is very difficult to handle!!
It is very hard work to view or post anything on here. I seem to spend more time backing out of 'virus' alerts, dating sites and the Google Play Store than actually on the forum!!!

Best wishes, John.

Back to top Go down

porky.69

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:03 am by porky.69

hi john welcome to the forum  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

daxi

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:24 am by daxi

Sorry you are having problems with the site John..I get nothing like that..And I am not sure if I can do anything about it..
My wife works at Hellesdon & I get some lovely UHF signals across the valley on UHF light, but I am not sure if a few milliwats will make the journey on 446..
I do have 446 capability at slightly more than the permitted power level & on modes other than FM....A friend borrowed my 200 watt linear for some games with a small experimental group & he tells me tells me range can be very good especially with SSB lol..

Back to top Go down

daxi

Post Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:24 am by daxi

Sorry you are having problems with the site John..I get nothing like that..And I am not sure if I can do anything about it..
My wife works at Hellesdon & I get some lovely UHF signals across the valley on UHF light, but I am not sure if a few milliwats will make the journey on 446..
I do have 446 capability at slightly more than the permitted power level & on modes other than FM....A friend borrowed my 200 watt linear for some games with a small experimental group & he tells me tells me range can be very good especially with SSB lol..

Back to top Go down

2W0PWR

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:34 pm by 2W0PWR

Hi John,

I am very sorry to hear you are having problems with the site. I understand your frustrations with adverts but to remove the adverts that costs money.

I was looking at the activating our domain name last year and removing the adverts but the domain name is not available any more as some private company owns it and does not wish to disclose who the company is.

Kind Regards,

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum