QSO UK
Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit..

2 posters

Go down

Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Empty Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit..

Post by symonh2000 Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 am

Hi Guys,

A while back on here I posted up saying that I had bought an Audioline homebase. Now the set has died for no apparent reason and I am not having much luck in fixing it, so I was hoping that someone may have an idea as to what is wrong.

I was transmitting and the output power gradually dropped until I was unable to get to another station just down the road. Power seemed to drop off on channel 1 before channel 40 Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Suspect

Thinking it was the output transistor I have replaced it along with the RF driver transistor , but the rig is still the same.

I do have a very small amount of output (can hear on another rig next to it when I transmit) and it appears on frequency.

I have tried all of the obvious stuff like antenna, microphone etc and the rig is definitely switching to TX ok..

Has anyone got any other ideas as to what the problem may be?

Funnily enough my brother gave me an Audioline PT-341 and it has exactly the same problem, so I am thinking it may be a common issue..

Cheers,
Simon.
symonh2000
symonh2000

HF Rig : Audioline PT-345
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Empty Re: Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit..

Post by daxi Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:53 am

don't know if this is any help.
http://www.glodark.co.uk/cb/ukrigs.htm

Cybernet PTBM134A0X chassis.
Power output lower than usual
- replace L4 (22uH), L5 (68uH) and L7 (24 turns of 28SWG enamelled copper wire on a 27R resistor).

Almost no power output on TX
. Monitor rig reveals weak, noisy TX. Try turning CT1 slightly because maladjustment can cause this effect.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit.. Empty Re: Audioline PT-345 homebase won't transmit..

Post by symonh2000 Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:02 am

daxi wrote: don't know if this is any help.
http://www.glodark.co.uk/cb/ukrigs.htm

Cybernet PTBM134A0X chassis.
Power output lower than usual
- replace L4 (22uH), L5 (68uH) and L7 (24 turns of 28SWG enamelled copper wire on a 27R resistor).

Almost no power output on TX
. Monitor rig reveals weak, noisy TX. Try turning CT1 slightly because maladjustment can cause this effect.

THanks for that mate, Unfortunately that is for the Cybernet 134 chassis, my rig uses a Uniden Board.

I did see a link on that site that did refer to the Uniden Boarded radios, but I have tried the tips on there (replace TR 18) but it is still the same.
symonh2000
symonh2000

HF Rig : Audioline PT-345
Registration date : 2010-04-29
Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down