QSO UK
When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100

4 posters

Go down

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Empty When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100

Post by simon007 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 am

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 14810

5/8 100w Max Handling comes with 5m of cable and stands 1 metre 7 tall

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Image010

Wilson recently stopped there production in the USA, and moved it all to China

And i leave you to guess where this Maas antenna is made?

But, there is also

Maas KM 500
Maas KM 1000

And they have more than a passing likeness
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Empty Re: When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100

Post by simon007 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 am

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 14611

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 14510
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Empty Re: When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100

Post by simon007 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 am

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Image310

Notice anything the same??
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:35 pm

HI! My name is Carolyn and I have been a saleperson for Wilson antenna for the last 10 years.
It has come to our attention that Maas has knocked off some of our antenna models, I have 2 pieces sitting here in the office.
You are correct when you mentioned that the Little Wils have been moved to China,however, the W500,W1000's,W5000's,T5000's are still made in Illinois (USA).
I wanted to set the record straight. Have a wonderful day!

Carolyn When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Icon_sunny

carolyn

Registration date : 2010-04-09
Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by porky.69 Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:03 am

good antennas . but ive seen these maas verisions before on e bay ..but i will stick with my sirio 4000 for now
porky.69
porky.69

HF Rig :
HF Antenna :
Preferred Bands : all
Registration date : 2009-01-20
Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:17 am

When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Icon_sunny Wilson and Maas are not the same antenna. This was the only point that I was attempting to make. I have never heard of Serio brand antennas. They must not be well known here in the U.S. Are they CB mobiles? Are they a "ham" antenna? Base antenna?

carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:34 am

carolyn wrote:When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Icon_sunny Wilson and Maas are not the same antenna. This was the only point that I was attempting to make. I have never heard of Serio brand antennas. They must not be well known here in the U.S. Are they CB mobiles? Are they a "ham" antenna? Base antenna?

The new Wilson Antennas, little wil are now produced in China as you mention and Maas are produced at the same facility in China. And thats direct from the people that make the Maas antenna. Inside of Germany, the Little Wil is around the 40euro mark, and the Maas is 30 ish and the Maas 1000 is at 80euro and the Wilson 1000 is 100euro plus, and sure when you look inside they are almost the same as sure you see when you look.

BUT IN TESTS:

Wilson 1000 takes more power, and has better signal to noise ratio than the Maas.

www.sirioantenne.it

Direct Link for you
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks for the link. I will check them out...never hurts to learn something new! I will check with upper management to see if Maas is having his antennas made at the same facility...interesting.

Carolyn

carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 am

Well I emailed and asked a contact of mine in Hong Kong and they told me was the same concern that made the antennas. When you seem them they look the same, sure. But at the moment and in last few weeks have seen CB radios like Superstar 3900 with a chinese circuit board and components, some Uniden stuff that looks the same but when you look inside there is one or two components different.

Fakes, thats the biggest threat to the hobby at the moment.

Nokia N97 fakes are here
Iphone fakes are here
Fake Unidens
Fake Superstar 3900's

Terrible Indeed.
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 am

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct. At this rate, China is going to own the world....this is why we are all at the cusp of financial ruin. They're shipping all of our jobs to China and India among other countries. It is sad, just as you say....

carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 am

I recently had a run in with Nevada over an antenna that was being sold on ebay as "Manufactured by Comet"
When it arrived it was a cheap chinese copy.
I phoned & said first the antenna was not supplied with the advertised mag mount, which they said they would sort asap.
Then I said it was however not as advertised & was not manufactured by Comet & that's when the problems started.
To Say Nevada were unprofessional in their attitude & lacking in any form of respect for the customer would be a understatement.
In the end I took out several grievances against them with ebay & paypal as I could not get a simple written confirmation from them that they would reimburse my postage costs when I returned the misdescribed antenna.
The problem was resolved in the end, but beware it's not only back street cowboys selling fakes, it's also very well known dealers who should know better.
Oh & Nevada did try to say these antennas were manafactured for Comet, but they were packaged, labelled % had instructions with a non Comet name on it & although I do truely belive in Fairies at the bottom of the garden. I still find it hard to belive that someone manafcturing these for Comet would pay for all of that if Comet were going to sell them in thier own packaging etc etc.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 am

Nice pooch!! There are some very unscrupulous vendors on EBay and some of the other sites. When we have a customer call in who has purchased off of one of those sites, we cringe! Our company policy is that all returns, from the consumer end, must have a dated sales receipt. I have been amazed at product that has come back to us that was OLD and very used and abused...that is why the receipt now. No receipt, no warranty. But what those fellows did was just wrong! They completely misrepresented the product. Anytime that the consumer can furnish a dated sales receipt and the antenna is under warranty, we replace it,period. However, none of our antennas come with a lifetime warranty ,nor are they
warranteed against abuse.
We have consumers calling in all of the time looking for dealers...they are few and far between these days due to cell phones..so many times, we give them the web address to our dealers that we know and trust. That drives business both ways.

carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:21 am

Nevada are one of the largest Amateur Radio dealers in the UK. They come from Southampton & are main dealers for a number of brands including Comet.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolyn Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 am

I see. I am going to have to do some research at home this weekend and see what I can find out about these different antenna brands. I think everyone should get a CB and get back into it. If "something" should happen...something BIG, cell phones will be useless, but if you have a battery, you can "talk". I had customers from Louisiana tell me that when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, people with CB's knew where to go and find help, people with cell phones were not so lucky.

carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:03 am

I know this is off topic, but...
Look up Canada & the 1989 X15 solar flare. This flare also effected the USA & UK to a much lesser extent, but it is a reality that these solar flare can & do totally kill power stations.
http://www.solarstorms.org/SWChapter1.html

Also look at what happened during the London Underground attacks, I would guess a similar thing happened during 9/11. Everyone tried to use mobile phones & the system crashed.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by porky.69 Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 am

carolyn wrote:When a Wilson Little Wil is not? But could be a Maas KM-100 Icon_sunny Wilson and Maas are not the same antenna. This was the only point that I was attempting to make. I have never heard of Serio brand antennas. They must not be well known here in the U.S. Are they CB mobiles? Are they a "ham" antenna? Base antenna?
sirio is a italian made antenna wich is very popular in the uk. i use the 4000 for mobile dx work with very good results
porky.69
porky.69

HF Rig :
HF Antenna :
Preferred Bands : all
Registration date : 2009-01-20
Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down