QSO UK
9:1 TX Balun  wanted. Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
9:1 TX Balun  wanted. Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9:1 TX Balun wanted.

2 posters

Go down

9:1 TX Balun  wanted. Empty 9:1 TX Balun wanted.

Post by daxi Mon May 26, 2008 7:51 pm

I am looking for an outdoor 9:1 Balun (or un/un as it should be.) It must be capable of handling 150 watts.
I want to set up a random wire for use on a planned special event later in the summer where I will have no where to put up masts safely, or any where to tie a windom off to, but will have a 100 foot plus of church tower to hang a zepp off or put a wire up.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

9:1 TX Balun  wanted. Empty Re: 9:1 TX Balun wanted.

Post by M6JPK Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 am

I will knock you one up there mate what wattage do you want to handle. I make them to handle the legal 400watts and have the neccesary torroids etc here already.

Also what fitting do you require? BNC or SO239? My Un-Uns come with a connector for your long wire and one for your ground/counterpoise and is then fed to your radio via coax.

I can also supply some good quality telegraph wire which is very strong or a 50mtr spool of the Military Kevlar Antenna Wire which is excellent stuff and use it myself as nearly invisible when up against tree lines etc.

I also make 400watt 4.1 Balun's for Carolina Windom Antenna's and will even make up the whole antenna tuned to your preferred frequency. All better quality than your bulk made shop stuff. Worked LZ this morning from UK on 40mtrs on one of my Windoms with 5/9 report on 10watts and no tuner.

Gis a shout ok my contact details are on QRZ.com or jayknight71@gmail.com

73's for now

Jay M6JPK

M6JPK

Registration date : 2010-09-23
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by daxi Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:02 am

Thanks Jay, but I posted this 2 years ago & have used the Balun I acquired then on many special event stations since.
In fact it was in action at the weekend at GB0WRR, where I worked a German station running 1Kw into a decent antenna with my 100 watts & end fed & the only differnce was I got 5 & 8 whilst he got 5 & 9+ 30db.
My VERY first contact with it was with a Spanish F1 special event station on 80 meters, using 100 watts into an end fed 20 meter vertical up the side of a church tower.
daxi
daxi
Admin
Admin

Call Sign : M0LSX
Special Event Calls : Various.
Registration date : 2007-10-30
Number of posts : 765

http://www.qrz.com/M0LSX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down