QSO UK
[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b] Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b] Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b]

Go down

[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b] Empty [b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b]

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:20 pm

Hello All,

I'm curious to know when you think that this new will start to kick in?

If the predictions are correct then we are in for a fantastic cycle, I've seen predictions saying that it will 30 to 50% stronger than anything we have known in the past.

If you are interested in information regarding this new solar cycle then you might like to check this out http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/solar_cycle.html

So if these guys at NASA have got it right then I should be able to work the Pacific on a piece of wet string =))

Back to top Go down

[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b] Empty Re: [b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b]

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 pm

God knows Roy , we had some unexpected conditions back in the begining of June where 2 division was worked and even some reports of 43 Division being received in Europe.

There has however been very long persiods of zzzzzzzz bacon and egg frying noises on the tripple 5 with no prop, at all for many days in a row my side, and I am getting excited at working ANYTHING when there has been zikch to hear for days and days on end.

There will always be a coiuple of European 'big boys' who will make the trip when their is the slightest bit of prop.

Africa is workable from the UK but we will have to wait until such things as the Middle East amd Asiatic Russia ect are being worked on a steady basis.
It helps also if you can speak a bit of another language.

Imagine if it is the best ever cycle when it peaks.

555 is going to be unusable with so many stations at the same signal.

I reckon that 12 Meters 25 Mhz will be a haven for the sun spot cycle peak.

Do we believe the experts or just sit by our radios and work what we can when we can?
I didnt have my own radio gear during the last solar peak and only made a couple of contacts with friends who let me use their radios in my neck of the woods and over in the North Wales area.

The 'Mid' band was also unusable then with the world and his wife trying to get 2 and 9 division stations but some very nice contacts where had at the begining of the 00 decade.

Without the 'ticket' to open up the other bands, we cant change band when we have no skip , we just have to take what comes our way and hope that the next peak will be as some of the experts have predicted.

I hope these reports are more acurate than WX predcitions lmao lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

[b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b] Empty Re: [b]When will the new cycle start to kick in ?[/b]

Post by simon007 Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:27 pm

By all accounts the sycle has started but seems to be weaker than anyone has imagined that it could be.

However, the ones who automatic thought 24/7 9+ qso are well well saddened too
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down