QSO UK
Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds

2 posters

Go down

Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds Empty Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds

Post by Panteneman Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:28 pm

Greetings,

While having a trawl around the 'net, I have discovered the following two petitions worth signing up for.

The first being to legalise SSB & AM on CEPT band in the UK, the second being a UHF CB allocation similar to that used in Australia.

I'd just thought I'd bring it to the attention of members on this site, it's surely worth signing up and giving it a bash I think.

SSB & AM petition, clickerage here

UHF CB petition, clickerage there
Panteneman
Panteneman

Location : West Lancashire, QRN hell. Or an undisclosed hilltop 600ft ASL
Registration date : 2007-10-05
Number of posts : 11

http://www.myspace.com/countbastardothe666th

Back to top Go down

Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds Empty Re: Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:23 am

Nice in theory but do we realy want more muppets than we already have on 555 ?

Back to top Go down

Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds Empty Re: Legalise SSB & AM petition doing the rounds

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Agreed, nice in theory.  Wonder why the creator of the petition didn't bundle in legalising the Echo Charlie band ? Smile

Downside would be more muppets though,  more whistling and singing on 555.  

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:39 am

Well, it is a nice idea but sadly i think that this could be a non runner. It was done some times before and failed, so let us wait and see. SSB legal here in Germany
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:29 am

Isnt part of the fun of 11Meter, that its a bit naughty without realy harming anyone ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:25 am

26SD122_spirittalk wrote:Isnt part of the fun of 11Meter, that its a bit naughty without realy harming anyone ?

agreed

it will NEVER be legal in the uk and i can't understand why folk want it legalizing ?!?
if you wanna talk legal on ssb take the simple M3 test on go on the ham bands
ok it's boring and easy but if you're afraid of the authorites it's where YOU should be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 am

Why should we be denied SSB, other countries in Europe have it so why not us.Germany have got SSB now and 40 channels of their own different from everybody as well.Our 40 UK band gets threatened with closure if it does go at least we could use AM SSB on the mid legally,555 will still be illegal for all you thrill seekers out there!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:17 am

For a start, I want to use SSB to get away from the mic keying, music playing muppets, but there is enough of them on 555 as it is.

It wont be made legal unless eletronic manufacturers see it as a viabal commercial opportunity, then the might of the dollar would come into it by the major players in the manufacture of cb radio and electronic equipment.

Lets face it, interest in any form of legal cb radio at the moment isnt great, so why would they bother going to the trouble of expanding frequency use with such limited interest.

I dont think its going to happen, unless the entire radio spectrum is decriminalised so we can use what we want , until then we are stuck with FM being legal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down