QSO UK
Worked Iceland Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
Worked Iceland Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worked Iceland

Go down

Worked Iceland Empty Worked Iceland

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Hello All,

I worked a station in 27 div. yesterday (sunday 21st) 27V8 Mr Jon, and to me this indicates that things are certainly improving on 11m because the most northerly stations that I can normally work in recent times have been Denmark & Sweden.

I also heard 2OT001 Jon give me a qsy frequency yesterday but by the time I had qsy'ed to the frequency the conditions had dropped out to the USA !!! ..... but that's radio I guess =(((

I had a signal of 5/1 5/2 on Jon so I think things are looking up on the 11m band, and I'm certain that this will be music to Dave 024 ears .... bet you can't wait for your next Super Sunday mate =))

Back to top Go down

Worked Iceland Empty Re: Worked Iceland

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Nice stuff Roy, worse is when you QSY and then two Italian stations using 2KW talking to each other, only a half mile away, jump on the frequency.

This happened to me last moth when trying work Madeira Island Sad

Ah well as you say " that's radio I guess "

It can be very rewarding and very frustrating at the same time lol Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Hi Eddie,

I know that feeling all too well mate, there is a station in N.W.Italy who uses 2000 watts while calling for the Pacific here everyday, I cannot hear any other Italian stations ..ONLY this guy!!

I don't even own an amplifier and only run approx. 50 to 60 watts from the radio here so I feel as if I'm using a PEA SHOOTER when I'm calling for long distance dx LOLLLLLLLLLLL

Buy hey that's the fun of radio..its so unpredicatable, frustrating but very rewarding at times =))

Back to top Go down

Post by simon007 Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 am

Heard 2OT1 here all over the weekend with from 5/0 to 5/5 he was here. CM026 and VL404, KW010 all call to the Pacific with 1kw+ even when the band is closed and nothing heard at all

Simon
simon007
simon007
Admin
Admin

Registration date : 2007-10-04
Number of posts : 1612

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down