QSO UK
new member Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
new member Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

new member Empty new member

hi all just thought i would say hello,my name is steve ive just become a new member i live in the market town of ormskirk in west lancs.i am taking my foundation exam in nov.and looking forward to this.thats all for now got to go back to work all the best steve.
stevegreenfingers

Registration date : 2010-09-10
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

new member :: Comments

daxi

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 am by daxi

Hi Steve good luck with the foundation & welcome to the forum.
What brought you into the hobby? For me it was listening & then seeing a shack whist at collage. For my wife & daughter it was me, for others it's CB or JOTA whilst at Scout's...What made you think I want to play radio?

Back to top Go down

2E0 TDX

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 am by 2E0 TDX

Hi Steve....Welcome to the forum and good luck with your foundation exam....Do you have radio experience at present, or is all all new to you?

Let us know how you get on...and if you need any advice for radio kit, I'm sure we'll be able to help out with any questions you may have.

All the best, Neil.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:56 am by stevegreenfingers

hi neil yes i have been a swl for about 2 years and thought that it was about time i got a licence so i could chat back to them.i was also one of the bad lads when cb was not leagal in the uk,that was when i was living in oxford and the was only about 12 people on the rigs one of which was a dentist who drove around in a rolls royce with a dv27 0n each rear wing.better shut up now. steve.

Back to top Go down

26tm777

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 pm by 26tm777

hi from me mick greenfingers

Back to top Go down

2E0 TDX

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:44 pm by 2E0 TDX

stevegreenfingers wrote:hi neil yes i have been a swl for about 2 years and thought that it was about time i got a licence so i could chat back to them.i was also one of the bad lads when cb was not leagal in the uk,that was when i was living in oxford and the was only about 12 people on the rigs one of which was a dentist who drove around in a rolls royce with a dv27 0n each rear wing.better shut up now. steve.

Hey Steve, You'll be in good company with the rest of us 'bad lads' once you get your ticket!

Would have liked to see the roller with the twin dv's....didn't have anything that posh round my way in those days....

Gotta go....We're off to the Lake district for a couple of days...playing at 'Sota' again!

Hopefully, I'll catch you on air sometime soon...I talk to a couple of amateurs Ormskirk way now and again....ATB, Neil.

Back to top Go down

2E0ZMO

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am by 2E0ZMO

hi Steve, I am from ormskirk also, near the hospital. you doing your foundation at Southport ? I am the publicity manager for SADARC. come down on the 20th sept at 8pm you will be made welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:21 pm by stevegreenfingers

hi yes im doing my foundation at southport this nov. i was at the last meeting of the club and will be at the next one so i will see you then all the best from steve.ps i live in aughton

Back to top Go down

29ci102tony

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:14 pm by 29ci102tony

Welcome to QSO UK all the best good dx 73s

Tony ei7gub / 29ci102

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 pm by stevegreenfingers

thanks tony all the best steve.

Back to top Go down

porky.69

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:32 am by porky.69

hi steve welcome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 am by stevegreenfingers

thanks porky 69 all the best
steve.

Back to top Go down

2E0ZMO

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 am by 2E0ZMO

stevegreenfingers wrote:hi yes im doing my foundation at southport this nov. i was at the last meeting of the club and will be at the next one so i will see you then all the best from steve.ps i live in aughton

do you know bob g4odu? he lives on liverpoool road opp the vets

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 am by stevegreenfingers

hi not met in person but listend to him on channel didnt know thats were he was.
steve

Back to top Go down

2E0ZMO

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 am by 2E0ZMO

nice to meet you last night steve,very interesting talk from simon from SNOWDONIA RADIO COMPANY.I bought the X80 just need to get it put up and tested

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:46 am by stevegreenfingers

hi yes good talk ,and it was good to see you too.its such a good club all the members are good ,thay treated me as if thay all had known me for years.

Back to top Go down

2W0PWR

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:26 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum, great to have a new member so local. I took my Foundation Licence a few years back at the SADARC and I am sure you will be well looked after.

Regards,

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 am by stevegreenfingers

thanks dave, yes thay are a good lot and look after all newcomers.
all the best steve

Back to top Go down

2E0ZMO

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 am by 2E0ZMO

well done steve on passing your foundation exam on sunday

Back to top Go down

firetrap

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:57 am by firetrap

well done and welcome to the forum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down