QSO UK
hobby Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

QSO UK
hobby Screenshot2010-02-07at162224-1
Welcome to QSOUK the forum for all radio users.
Sign in and enjoy No Adverts, Members Gallery and a Chat Room.

The QSOUK Team
QSO UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hobby

Go down

hobby Empty hobby

HI my names michael im 42 married with one gorgeous daughter,ive been hooked on radio since 1977 (9 yrs old!).Am cb was my starting point plus listening to everything that was recievable!My handle was and still is oscar 9.Im now a licenced amateur (m3ugk). Im mainly on hf and seem to have a love/hate relationship with 2meters(lots of self aware braggers!no offence).Nothing still beats the thrill of a long distance contact on 11meters.In nov 09 i was recieving western australia on 27.315.I own a yaesu ft 840 for hf,yaesu ft 1802 for 2 meters,many,many cb radios, my fave at present is a mint murphy cbh1500 some people hate them but i love it,and when used with a very old turner expander base mic it is the best sounding radio on the airwaves!.Ive worked into southern france on it no prop just 3.8 watts flying over the ground.Thats enough from me so 10-10 and 73.Oscar 9 listening out!.
sierra foxtrot

Registration date : 2010-01-04
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

hobby :: Comments

2W0PWR

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 am by 2W0PWR

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum, I wonder where you did you're M3? I did mine in the Southport & District ARC a few years ago with my best mate Andy 2E0ZMO.

I am always around during the day if u wanna try for a contact but mainly listen to GB3CR on 70cm mate.

Look forward to the contact,

73 De Dave

Back to top Go down

simon007

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm by simon007

Welcome to the forum, take a listen on 27355LSB thats a popular call freq of the Aussies and 27275USB for South Africa, its there call freq.

Saying that, don't do anything naughty, these channels are legal here.

73s Simon

Back to top Go down

2E0ZMO

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 am by 2E0ZMO

welcome to the forums

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:12 am by sierra foxtrot

Thanks for the warm welcomes chaps,i did my m3 at southport in may/june of 07.Think i remember you dave! Hooked on 80m at moment but will give you a shout on 2 this eve hopefully have a natter.P.s playing with a rare lake am set here, i dont transmit but apparently the audio is out of this world!!! hobby Icon_exclaim

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down